title="Atom feed">Site Feed Blogstpot Site Feed

Mr. Mustache, another librarian blog

I am a reference librarian with experience in both the public and state government fields. I am doing this on a whim, sort of like the mustache I grew when I was 19 and still have in my 50's.

Name:
Location: HAMILTON SQUARE, NJ, United States

I was a state worker and a librarian.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

My Christmas cards


I want to thank everybody for all the cards and letters that are masking taped to my bathroom walls. Britney, I still think you're cute. Thanks Howard. Our senses of humour are similar.

A special thanks to Laura Bush. As a former librarian, she wrote that she can fully relate to the anecdotes about the library world that I feature. Jenna and Barbara enjoyed the piece on the Day After Thanksgiving. Jenna was disappointed a few years ago when the Crawford Library was closed the Day After Thanksgiving when she was hoping to get some ideas for her anthropology mid term paper.

Not surprisingly, Dick Cheney liked the recent piece on Christmas in libraries. He also thinks putting lights on one's cubicle is an unnecessary use of public money. Madonna, Opra, Rosie, a high five again. And a special hello to Hillary and Al Gore. They both have "men in libraries" thumbtacked to their office corkboards. Well happy new years to all. Mr. Mustache.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Mister Mustache said...

I'm in a similar situation, not being related to any of my Christmas hosts. Jackie Glrason did a touching essay on mother-in laws and someone should write one on the non family guests at a Christmas gathering. I try to give everybody something. That's usually a good rule to follow. Otherwise I refer you to Dear Prudence on slate.com

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently discussing about the prevalence of technology in our day to day lives. Reading this post makes me think back to that discussion we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory decreases, the possibility of copying our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about all the time.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/16129580/does-the-r4-or-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds]R4i SDHC[/url] DS NetServ)

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello

We do not agree with this year BRIT awards 2010 decision.

Please come to see our little web poll

http://micropoll.com/t/KDqOnZBCWt

Lady Gaga can not be better than ?????

Poll supported by BRIT awards 2010 sponsor femmestyle
[url=http://www.femmestyle.li/brustvergroesserung/preis.html]brustvergrößerung preis[/url]

Do you have a burning question we could ask all the stars at The BRIT Awards?

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home