title="Atom feed">Site Feed Blogstpot Site Feed

Mr. Mustache, another librarian blog

I am a reference librarian with experience in both the public and state government fields. I am doing this on a whim, sort of like the mustache I grew when I was 19 and still have in my 50's.

Name:
Location: HAMILTON SQUARE, NJ, United States

I was a state worker and a librarian.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Library weather


When architects design libraries, they try to design them so that a walk through a library brings to mind the many different climates that one may find on earth. That is why a library will often remind one of a trip to the Epcot Center. First you go through the tundra, then the arctic, then the Sahara, the rainforest or the mountains of Ecuador.

Often the temperature in a library is perfectly heated or cooled for the previous day’s weather. Faulty ceiling and roof construction often results in a rainy atmosphere. Most libraries have a bucket somewhere collecting water, if one is willing to explore.

The constant complaining about the temperature in a library is a mainstay of conversation. “It’s too hot in here!” “It’s too cold in here!” “How can you wear a sweater in this heat?” “You must be freezing in this office!” I personally am so involved in my work that I never notice the temperature until someone complains about it. After being told that I should be cold or hot I then notice the weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home