title="Atom feed">Site Feed Blogstpot Site Feed

Mr. Mustache, another librarian blog

I am a reference librarian with experience in both the public and state government fields. I am doing this on a whim, sort of like the mustache I grew when I was 19 and still have in my 50's.

Name:
Location: HAMILTON SQUARE, NJ, United States

I was a state worker and a librarian.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

World Cat

I just discovered World Cat. Fascinating. Just think how great it would be if they included Marc records. But then they probably don't want to give away the store. And the part about any registered user being able to add comments and even subject headings. Interesting. You do learn things from blogs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Louise said...

What you have to do is find a book and then find a library that has a ils that allows the public to see Marc records (Sirsi, III). Then go to the site for that library, and the book, and voila! I used to use this if I couldn't find any info on a book and was searching for the OCLC #. Now the OCLC pricing is better, (not charged per minute) so I rely on this method less. Ain't the internet fab?

12:56 PM  
Blogger Mister Mustache said...

Actually in less fancy language I do that now. I look at marc records then end up doing it my own way anyway.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home