title="Atom feed">Site Feed Blogstpot Site Feed

Mr. Mustache, another librarian blog

I am a reference librarian with experience in both the public and state government fields. I am doing this on a whim, sort of like the mustache I grew when I was 19 and still have in my 50's.

Name:
Location: HAMILTON SQUARE, NJ, United States

I was a state worker and a librarian.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

The Sharon Syndrome

Someone asked me why I hadn't published the Sharon essay to accompany the Fred essay. Sharon being the lackadaisical employee that is the counter-weight to Fred's. I'm afraid I can't publish it. Librarians must present a united front to the public and never admit for a moment some of their collegues are second rate.

Just like your doctor won't say anything bad about your other doctor and your child's teacher won't tell you that the reason he is having trouble in math is because of the teacher he had last year.

We must stand united as worthy underpaid martyrs. I will put the Sharon syndrome in my safety deposit box to be opened at the reading of my will
.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking forward to the Sharon Syndrome blog, but I do see your point. I have worked with many a Sharon in my life and it does lead to drinking vodka straight on Monday nights.
Is there a name for those of us librarians stuck somewhere in the middle of Sharon and Fred?
A Pat or Sandy, for instance?

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just thought I would drop a line as a faithful reader who is a bit lost. I THOUGHT I had read each and every one of your blog entries and have been searching desparately for the Fred reference to no avail. It seems lazy employees are a mainstay in every workplace. They always seem to be the same ones who comment on the unfairness of it all as well.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home