title="Atom feed">Site Feed Blogstpot Site Feed

Mr. Mustache, another librarian blog

I am a reference librarian with experience in both the public and state government fields. I am doing this on a whim, sort of like the mustache I grew when I was 19 and still have in my 50's.

Name:
Location: HAMILTON SQUARE, NJ, United States

I was a state worker and a librarian.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Of bagels and donuts

One of things I've gotten to do since working for a governmental library is peruse some of the economic reports that are out there on a variety of topics. One of the more interesting authors I've encountered is the Professor from the University of Chicago, Steven D. Levitt. His book Freakomonics has its own website. He writes about things the economics of abortion, elementary education, and the report I recently read, " White-collar crime writ small: A case study of bagels, donuts, and the honor system" ( American Economics Association, May 2006, v. 96 no. 2). This report proves what a lot of us have believed all along, namely, that people who eat bagels are more honest than people who eat donuts. So now you have a recommendation for your students who need to read an article in the economics field.

The college student with a syllabus




There are two disappointments in store for the freshman in college. The first disappointment is that the local public library will probably not have the books on his college syllabus. The second is that he won't meet the love of his life during his first semester at school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home